Monday, May 18, 2015

I thought cows slept standing up??

 Meet Bocephus (BO-C-FUS) and Betty, our new steer and heifer (I still feel rude calling her that!)They belong to a ranch down the street, but are grazing on our pasture this summer....and saving me some serious mowing!
 The city girl in me is getting a serious kick out of waking up to cows each morning. So far, I have observed eating, sleeping, eating, napping, eating, drinking, sleeping, and eating. I should have been a cow....
                                        Bocephus                  Betty

You'd think the horns would be a dead give away that he's the steer..but I've been educated that mama cows can have horns as well..
 
Another thing, I was always under the impression that cows slept standing up? Ya know, "Cow-tipping" and such?! No such luck...unless of course that only happens and night-which would require me getting out of bed to check, hmmm..probably not going to happen.




 While the cows are busy eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping etc. in the front yard....this is what's happening in the back.
I love, love, love this irrigation road. The main irrigation ditch on our street runs right through the back yard.
 I get to watch duck families, and Goose (Geese?) families, Hawk families...the list goes on! It's truly amazing what's out there when you spend a little time outdoors.


Beautiful Idaho sunsets!
Washington family and friends....COME VISIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment